Basic Aerial Installation - City & Guilds Accredited Programme
This programme is suitable for participants with no experience who wish to enter the industry and for those who have experience but want to know more about the theoretical and practical aspects of terrestrial signal reception and installation.
This programme covers all aspects of TV delivered via an aerial into a coaxial network around a single dwelling property.
Over the 2 days this programme presents all the criteria necessary to deliver terrestrial TV programming to TV receiving equipment in the home.
- Health & Safety in relation to the use of ladders.
- Aerial design & choice through survey tests.
- Brackets, fixings & installing a chimney lashing kit.
- Cables, certification & correct fitting of connectors.
- Aerial alignment & recording signals.
- 4G Interference Mitigation.
- Amplifiers, diplexers, combiners & their application.
- Modulation techniques & digital compression.
- Electrical Safety requirements for signal distribution.
- Future development of the aerial and multimedia industry.
Following this 2-day programme all participants will be able to;
- Select the correct aerial for regional terrestrial TV reception.
- Align and record signal levels.
- Install a chimney lashing.
- Fit the correct connectors to terminate coaxial cables.
This programme is classroom based by PowerPoint and contains and mix of practical demonstrations with hands-on learning exercises.
The assessment method for this programme is by means of a multiple choice open book assessment paper with a pass mark of 65%.
This programme is run over 2 days.