Basic Aerial Installation
By the end of this two-day foundation course delegates will have learned the skills via classroom theory and some practical demonstrations the knowledge to complete a domestic aerial installation to the CAI’s Codes of Practice. You will be equipped to a high standard of theoretical knowledge and limited practical experience after completing this course, however we would strongly recommend those new to this industry where possible gain practical field experience with a reputable installation company.
This is a mix of theory and some practice, other than simple mathematics no prior knowledge of electronics and electricity is required.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for those with no experience who wish the enter the industry and for installers who have experience but want to know more about the theoretical and some practical aspects of signal reception and installation.
- Health & Safety (Safety considerations)
- Surveying & Testing Sites (Locations, signal types & measurement)
- Aerial Selection (Performance comparisons & fixing techniques)
- Cables & Connectors (Types, routing & fixing)
- Receiver Connection (Interconnection to ancillary equipment, including via RF, SCART, HDMI COMPONENT)
- Amplifiers and passives
- Basic Domestic Distribution networks and frequency planning
- Best installation practice (Latest information from the industry)
- Customer Relationships (Documentation, conduct & insurance)
Watford, Sheffield & Gateshead
Successful delegates will receive a CAI Basic Installer Certificate, also recognised as evidence of underpinning knowledge towards NVQ Level 2. (Signal Reception)