DTT & Freeview Updates
The latest mux slide, supplied courtesy of Indigo Associates, can be DOWNLOADED HERE
Click each title to expand section.
DTT Changes 7th December 2020
7th December 2020
The updated Freeview DTT mux slide reflects the 7th December 2020 changes
Some channels made updates including LCN (logical channel number) moves.
Freeview advise viewers need to retune to update their TV equipment and keep the channels and TV Guide up to date. However some newer models will automatically adopt the changes.
- Dave Ja Vu moved from LCN79 to LCN23
- Yesterday+1moved from LCN75 to LCN74
- CCX TV moved from LCN23 to LCN73
- Jewellery Maker moved from LCN 73 to LCN 71
- Shopping Quarter moved from LCN 74 to LCN72
- Ketchup Channel has been renamed as Ketchup TV
There will be no changes to broadcast hours or content.
DTT Changes 12th November 2020
12th November 2020
The 12th November 2020 Freeview DTT mux slide reflects the small seasonal changes made:
The following services are changing their names and content:
- Now 80s at LCN83 on COM7/ARQC temp HD mux has changed to Now Xmas
- Now 90s at LCN84 on the G-Man mux (serving Greater Manchester homes only) has changed to Now 80s
Both of these services will be playing nonstop Christmas music from 12 November until the New Year
- Viewers receiving local TV operated by That’s TV on either LCN7 or LCN8 via the COMUX/Local mux will see a new service name ‘That’s TV Christmas’
There will be no change to the broadcast hours for this service.
DTT Changes 24th September 2020
24th September 2020
- Sony Movies Classic on LCN 50 (COMUX/LOCALmux) changes to Sony Movies Christmas.
- Sony Movies Classic +1 on LCN 62 (G-MAN mux - Greater Manchester only) will be changing to Sony Movies Christmas +1
Viewers receiving these two muxes may need to retune to update their TV equipment to keep their channels and TV Guide up to date.
DTT Changes 17th September 2020
17th September 2020
- Sky Arts has launched on LCN 11 (COM5/ARQ A mux) the former home for Pick TV. Sky Arts plans to bring together the best of theatre, music and art in Britain. Sky Arts will also be on the Freeview Play broadband service;
- Pick TV has moved from LCN11 to LCN34 (COM5/ARQ A mux);
- Merit formerly on LCN34 (COM7/ARQ C mux) has now closed;
- Pick+1 formerly on LCN92 (COM7/ARQ C mux) has also ceased broadcasting;
- BBC Four Scotland has moved from LCN68 to LCN55, (PSB3/BBC B mux);
- Smithsonian has moved from LCN57 to LCN56 (COM5/ARQ A mux);
- Together TV has moved form LCN88 to LCN87 (COM5/ARQ A mux);
- Together TV+1 has moved from LCN89 to LCN87 (COM7/ARQ C mux);
- There is also a new Accessible TV Guide operating at LCN555 (PSB2/D3&4 mux).
DTT Changes 29th July 2020
29th July 2020
- LCN34 - Merit begins broadcasting (2100-0000) and has moved from COM4/SDN to COM7.
- LCN 89 TogetherTV+1 goes off air between 2100-0000to make way for Merit on COM7.
- LCN 98 –NEW Country Music Entertainment (G_MAN)Manchester only
- LCN 211 – Ketchup following demerge from YAAAS!
- LCN 212 – Yaaas!relaunches as a standalone service.
DTT Changes 8th July 2020
8th July 2020
LCN34 – NEW Merit launched (COM4/SDN mux) providing evenings only home and garden programmes
LCN58 – ITV3+1 has moved from LCN34 (COM4/SDN mux)
LCN78 – Reintroduced Now 70s in the Manchester area only (G-MAN mux)
LCN97 – ITVBe+1 has moved from LCN58 (COM4/SDN mux)
DTT Changes 30th June 2020
30th June 2020
LCN 23 – CCXTV moved from COM5/ArqA mux to COM4/SDN mux.
LCN 78 – REMOVED: NOW 70s from COM5/ArqA mux.
LCN 85 – Hochanda moved from COM4/SDN mux to COM5/ArqA mux.
LCN 94 – NEW: Ideal Extra (Local/COMUX) received by some homes only.
LCN 681 – REMOVED: ADULT Studio 66 [old version] from COM4/SDN mux.
COM8 multiplex signal switched off at all previously serving transmitters.
DTT Changes 20th June 2020
20th June 2020
In line with Ofcom rules and broadcaster carriage contracts ending in June, Arqiva have cleared tthe COM8 temporary multiplex today (22 June 2020) to make way for future mobile telecoms services.
Some (primarly+1)TV services have closed permanently, some have migrated to COM7 - the other temporary HD mux that will continue for the forseeable future until Ofcom serves notice on Arqiva to vacate.
(nb: some services will run temporary slates on COM7 and COM8 until 30 June 2020 before fully disappearing)
LCN 55 - CLOSED 5Star+1 (COM8/Arq D mux)
LCN 56 - CLOSED 5USA+1 (COM7/Arq C mux) - Slate runs to end of month
LCN 64 - FreeSports has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 67 - CLOSED CBS Reality+1 (COM7/Arq C mux)
LCN 69 - CLOSED CBS Justice+1 (COM8/Arq D mux)
LCN 74 - Shopping Quarter has moved from COM7/Arq C mux to PSB3/BBC-B mux
LCN 83 - Now 80s has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 89 - Together+1 has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 93 - PBS America+1 has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 96 - Forces TV has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN106 - BBC Four HD has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 109 - CLOSED Channel 4+1 HD (COM7/Arq C mux) - Slate runs to end of month
LCN 110 - CLOSED 4seven HD (COM7/Arq C mux) - Slate runs to end of month
LCN 111 - QVC HD has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 112 - QVC Beauty HD has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 114 - Quest HD has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
LCN 115 - CLOSED TJC HD (COM7/Arq C mux) Slate runs to end of month
LCN 205 - CBeebies HD has moved from COM8/Arq D to COM7/Arq C mux.
DTT Changes 26th May 2020
26th May 2020
- NOW 70s has closed on Freeview LCN78. (COM5-ArqA multiplex)
- Together has resumed normal broadcast hours still at LCN88 (COM5-ArqA multiplex)
Also please be aware that 4Music and 4seven will end dual transmission on old and new Freeview multiplex frequencies tomorrow 27 May. They will only be available at on the COM5-Arq A multiplex at LCN29 and LCN47.
DTT Changes 14th May 2020
14th May 2020
- LCN 29 - 4Music has moved from the COM6-ArqivaB mux to the COM5-ArqivaA mux.
- LCN 47 - 4Seven has also moved from the COM6-ArqivaB mux to the COM5-ArqivaA mux.
- LCN 84 - Now 90s relaunches for viewers in the Manchester area only. (G_MAN mux).
- LCN 87 - Spotlight TV has closed for viewers in the Manchester area only. (G_MAN mux).
- LCN 211/212 - Ketchup / Yaaas! have moved to a single portal at LCN 211 on the COM4-SDN mux.
- LCN265 on the COM4-SDN mux carries a new portal channel On-demand 365 to integrate Planet Knowledge and Sports Channel services previously at LCN265 and LCN266.
- LCN 672 - Adult Smile 2 has closed (COM6-ArqivaB).
Freeview retunes for 2020 announced
Further Freeview retune dates have been confirmed for parts of England, Wales, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland in 2020.
The additional retunes are part of the final stages of a scheme to clear some of the airwaves which are being auctioned off next year for future 5G mobile services, with the latest set of dates having just been confirmed by Freeview.
Affected viewers will need to retune Freeview or YouView TVs and set-top-boxes if they lose channels on the relevant regional retune date.
In Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, most of the region's main TV transmitters will undergo frequency changes on the 5th February 2020, some relays will see changes a week later on the 12th February. In East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, an additional retune will take place on the 4th March 2020 due to frequency co-ordination with the East Midlands.
In the East Midlands TV region, viewers will need to retune on the 4th March 2020. For many viewers, this will mean changes to the frequencies for all the main TV channels, including BBC One East Midlands and ITV Central East.
For viewers in the North West of England - historically known as the ITV Granada region - changes will occur in two stages - 19th February and 22nd April 2020 when broadcasts from the Winter Hill transmitter and many relays change.
Across in North East Wales, the Moel-Y-Parc transmitter will change on the 22nd April 2020, in co-ordination with events in North West England.
In Northern Ireland, a frequency change takes place at the Divis transmitter, above Belfast on the 4th March 2020, co-ordinated with changes taking place over the border in the Republic of Ireland on the same day, when services across the island of Ireland will be cleared for future 5G mobile services.
Viewers in the western part of the Anglia region, in parts of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and eastern areas of Buckinghamshire will be affected by frequency changes on 12th February 2020.
On the Isle of Man, transmitters will be switched to new frequencies on 29th April 2020, once other frequency changes have been completed around the edges of the Irish Sea.
Some viewers in the Lake District will also be affected during April, when a number of relays will be switched.
Viewers are being advised to look out for on-screen messages to remind them of the impending changes. Satellite, cable and internet TV viewers are not affected.
On each regional retune day, Freeview channels are subject to being off-air overnight as engineering work takes place at the transmitters. By breakfast time, most viewers will be able to retune to restore channels. Relays will be up and running by the afternoon.
For a detailed view of the retune days, please visit the RXTV log regional retune days page.
- Did you know? When retuning older TVs, a 'first time installation' or 'factory reset' may be required to wipe all lost channels on old frequencies. The 'add channels' option is not to be used to restore existing channels. Freeview has published videos explaining how to retune many common brands of devices on its website.
- Further assistance for viewers affected by the changes is available at: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/tv-changes
Freeview Changes 19 & 20 November 2019
20 November 2019
LCN 68 (Scotland only) - BBC Four has moved from LCN75 (PSB1-BBC A)
LCN 75 (Scotland only) - relabelled 'BBC Four has moved' - with an information slate (PSB1-BBC A)
LCN 72 - Quest Red+1 has moved from LCN78 (COM7/ARQ C)
LCN 83 - NOW 80s has become NOW Xmas (COM8/ ARQ D)
LCN 88 - Together TV has moved from LCN 89 (COM5-ARQ A)
LCN 89 - Together TV+1 has moved from LCN 93 (COM8 / ARD D)
LCN 91 - PBS America has moved from COM8/ ARQ D to COM6-Arqiva B with new broadcast hours 1300-2300 and now available in more homes.
LCN 93 - PBS America+1 has launched on COM8/ARQ D
19 November 2019
Viewers who haven't retuned since 14 November lost E4+1 as of 1200 GMT. They can retune to reinstate the service at LCN28 on its new mux PSB2/D3-4
700MHz Clearance Retune Events Q4 2019
Detailed regional information for channel providers, installers and industry, including UHF channel changes, is available also at the link. These documents will be updated as further information is released.
Some transmitter groups will have multiple retunes between now and mid-2020 as airwaves are released in stages.
The full briefing from Digital UK can be download at the following link: - Freeview Clearance Events in 2019