TrustMark is the only Government Endorsed 'find a tradesperson' scheme and CAI are the only scheme operator covering the home entertainment and signal reception industry. The TrustMark Scheme was developed in 2005, in conjunction with Government, industry and consumer protection bodies. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradesmen in the country.
CAI achieved scheme operator status for TrustMark in February 2015 enabling CAI installing members only to apply for TrustMark status so that they can be found by homeowners using the TrustMark search facility. The scheme operator license was awarded to CAI following a thorough assessment of all its processes for vetting and inspecting installers as well as its customer service policies, compliance audits, quality management and complaint handling procedures.
CAI are the scheme providers for the following trades:
Aerial & Satellite Installations
Smart Home & Entertainment Installations
Access Communications & CCTV
Data & WIFI Networking
- By Government endorsement the TrustMark logo is recognised throughout the UK by homeowners.
- TrustMark's national advertising on TV, radio, newspapers & magazines provides a consumer route to increased enquiries.
- CAI are the only Scheme Operator for the home entertainment and signal reception industry making all consumer enquiries from this trade going to CAI members.
- Added exposure as listed on the CAI - Getmeviewing and TrustMark 'Find an Installer' search facility. In 2014, more than 7.2m search results were provided to homeowners who used TrustMark website to find expert tradesmen.
- A firm's technical skills have been independently checked through regular on-site inspection, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status;
- Firms have signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care;
- The approved scheme operator (CAI) has checked and will continue to monitor the firm's quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
- Firms are able to offer the CAI Double Guarantee on all domestic installations.
- The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
- All of these checks give the customer - Peace of mind
TrustMark membership is exclusive to CAI members as we are currently the only Scheme Operator for the trade. Those who wish to be TrustMark approved, must be a CAI member and hold CAI Plus status. The CAI Plus scheme requires 50% of the engineers to provide the following,
- Basic DBS Disclosure
- Safe Working at Heights Certificate
- Insurance - Public and Employers Liability
Yearly Subscription Fee
Joining this scheme offers competitive rates compared to other online Tradesman registers as the TrustMark Accreditation yearly fixed fee is only £60 + VAT per year.
Applying for TrustMark Membership
If you wish to apply for TrustMark membership please complete and submit the TrustMark application form. All requests for TrustMark membership must be made to CAI.
By submitting your application this does not automatically approve the request to use the TrustMark logo. You must await confirmation of your membership approval via post. Once a member of TrustMark, your company details will be listed on the TrustMark website which has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility.