This programme is suitable for anyone who is installing aerials and is not fully conversant with the current standard (IEC 60728-11:2010) and CAI Code of Practice 3 - Electrical Safety Requirements for Signal Reception Systems (Excluding CATV).
Participants will give a practical working knowledge of how to install a safe signal distribution system in the home or commercial premises.
At the end of this programme all participants will be able to install a safety mechanism on a distribution system, analyse the effectiveness and record the results.
- Background to why earthing and bonding may be necessary.
- Electrical regulations and safety.
- Single Dwelling Unit (SDU) requirements.
- Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) and commercial Premise requirements.
This 1-day programme will enable all participants to;
- Test an electrical circuit for safety.
- Make a safety bond.
- Perform the necessary tests and checks that ensure a system is safe.
This programme is classroom based with a PowerPoint presentation and contains theoretical and practical learning exercise techniques.
The assessment method for this programme is by means of practical worksheets and a multiple choice open book assessment paper with a pass mark of 65%.
This programme is run over 1 day.
|Event Date||18-Nov-2019 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||18-Nov-2019 5:00 pm|
|Location||Watford - CAI Ltd|