This programme is suitable for participants involved in the TV/RF distribution industry with a desire to learn the developments of Fibre Optic Technology focusing on Fibre Integrated Systems (FIRS). A reasonable understanding of conventional IRS would be beneficial but not absolutely necessary.
This programme will enable participants to understand the working and planning of a typical sized Fibre IRS.
Over this 1-day programme participants will become practically familiar with the components of a working Fibre IRS.
Content '(P) indicates inclusive practical elements'
- The history and development of fibre optic technology.
- Single Mode Fibre Optic principles.
- Health and Safety when working with fibre optics (P).
- Types of cables and connectors used in Fibre IRS.
- Components contained within FIRS and their practical application.
- FIRS SkyQ components, upgrade, planning and testing.
- Basic Passive Optical Network (PON) design.
- Fibre connector inspection and cleaning (P).
- Repair and termination of fibre optic cables by Fusion and Mechanical Splicing (P).
- Measurement and calculation of signal losses within a typical fibre network (P).
- Demonstrate an ability to install and fault find on fibre optic systems in the TV industry (P).
This 1-day programme will enable all participants to;
- Work with main components of a Fibre IRS.
- Carry out fusion splice of optical fibre.
- Connect and terminate fibre cables.
- Design and test basic FIRS.
A PowerPoint led delivery including industry videos, clear theoretical explanations and hands-on applications. The training environment is interactive and inclusive. A comprehensive full colour reference book is issues to all participants.
Continual informal and formal assessments will monitor progress throughout the day. Practical assessment exercises and a multiple choice open book assessment paper with a pass mark of 65%.
This programme is run over 1 day.
|Event Date||29-Mar-2022 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||29-Mar-2022 5:00 pm|
|Location||Watford - CAI Ltd|