This programme is suitable for participants with no experience who wish to enter the industry and for those who have experience but want to know more about the theoretical and practical aspects of terrestrial and satellite signal reception and installation.
This programme covers all aspects of TV delivered via an aerial and satellite dish into a coaxial network around a single dwelling property.
Over the 3 days this programme presents all the criteria necessary to deliver terrestrial and satellite TV programming to TV receiving equipment in the home.
- Health & Safety in relation to the use of ladders. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Electrical Safety requirements for signal distribution. (Aerial & Satellite)
- SIgnal types & measurement. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Aerial design & choice through survey tests. (Aerial only)
- Brackets, fixings & installing a chimney lashing kit. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Cables, certification & correct fitting of connectors. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Aerial alignment & recording signals. (Aerial only)
- 4G Interference Mitigation. (Aerial only)
- Amplifiers, diplexers, combiners & their application. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Modulation techniques & digital compression. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Surveying and testing location site/planning considerations. (Satellite only).
- Reception of other satellites. (Satellite only)
- Assembly, fixing and alignment of a satellite dish. (Satellite only)
- Received connection and interconnection to ancillary equipment. (Satellite only)
- Fault tracing and mitigation techniques. (Satellite only)
- Customer relations, conduct, documentation & insurance. (Aerial & Satellite)
- Future development of the aerial/satellite and multimedia industry.
Following this 3-day programme all participants will be able to;
- Select the correct aerial for regional terrestrial TV reception.
- Select the correct dish size for regional satellite TV reception.
- Record signals for both terrestrial & satellite.
- Install a chimney lashing.
- Fit the correct connectors to terminate coaxial cables.
- Assemble a satellite dish.
- Install & align a Sky UK satellite dish.
- Install and programme a Sky UK HD satellite receiver.
This programme is classroom based by PowerPoint and contains and mix of practical demonstrations with hands-on learning exercises.
The assessment method for this programme is by means of a multiple choice open book assessment paper with a pass mark of 65%.
This programme is run over 3 days.
|Event Date||07-Jan-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-Jan-2020 5:00 pm|
|Location||Watford - CAI Ltd|