The CAI is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any data about you we hold or gather in the future will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Other information relevant to trade association business activities
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to communicate industry news, technical information, member updates, other benefits of membership and to provide you with a better service, as well as for internal record keeping. We process your data as it is our legitimate interest to do so, to maintain your benefits of membership. We keep this information on an ongoing basis, unless you resign your membership. When you become an ex member we only keep information that we need to deal with customer complaints, and that for a maximum of 12 months.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we may collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- As a member, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.